Increase your knowledge – improve your boat handling skills in this 5-day & 5-night cruise and learn sailing course.
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR 2019 DATES & AVAILABILITY
- 5 days of sailing aboard a yacht in the 30 – 40 ft range whilst cruising the scenic Gulf Islands
- 5 nights shared accommodation
- All provisioning, students take turns with galley duty and yacht maintenance
- A certified knowledgeable and enthusiastic instructor
- Use of company Inflatable PFD (Personal Flotation Device – vest type)
- Cabin linen and bath towel
| $1599.00 (per person) +GST and course workbook
| Single cabin option – 50 % premium
TAILOR-MADE INTERMEDIATE COURSES CAN ALSO BE PLANNED TO SUIT YOUR PERSONAL AVAILABILITY
- Competent Crew (Canadian Recreational Yachting Association)
- It is recommended to have a recognized first aid certificate and a
- VHF radio operator’s certificate.
- Some experience as skipper at the Basic level (at least 10-day sails or equivalent) and have applied the knowledge and practised the skills of the Basic Cruising Standard
Topics covered include:
- Safety & housekeeping
- Boat and engine maintenance
- Boat and Sail handling
- Menu planning
Preboard by 4 pm for a boat orientation and to meet your fellow students
Course begins the following day at 9 am
The course objective is to be able to cruise safely in familiar waters as both skipper and crew of a sailboat in moderate wind and sea conditions by day. This course brings you closer to being able to bareboat charter.
*All course dates are subject to sufficient enrollment.