Learn to short-hand dock, sail, and handle a multihull in tidal waters.
Topics covered include:
- Responsibilities of a Bareboat Skipper
- Crew safety checks
- Hull and rig checks
- Machinery and systems checks
- Fuel and water capacity and range
- Line Handling, Docking & Boat Handling Under Power
- Points of Sail & Sail Handling
- Vessel handling in confined quarters
- Man Overboard & Safety/Emergency Procedures
- Knots & Seamanship
- Boat and Engine Maintenance
- Tides, Currents, & Navigation
- Weather Patterns
Pre-Requisites: For students seeking certification for Bareboat Skipper Catamaran, a minimum International Crew or equivalent with prior monohull sailing experience is required. Catamaran Endorsements require the student to hold the equivalent monohull certification.
- International Crew
- Bareboat Skipper with the International Certificate of Competency – Catamaran
- Catamaran Endorsement
- Designed for those that have the Bareboat Skipper Sail certificate. Must have a valid VHF licence.