7-Day/7-night Cruise & Learn
Luxury sailing at its best. Designed for sailors with prior monohull experience, this course will teach you how to short-hand dock, sail, and handle a multihull in tidal waters.
2022 Course Dates:
Waterdragon: Preboard: May 15, after 2:00 p.m./Sail: May 16-22
Firecat: Preboard: May 23 after 2:00 p.m./Sail: May 24-30
- 7-days/7-nights in a fully appointed cabin – see our complete inventory
- Delicious meals prepared as a crew – see our sample menus
- Instructional Skippers whose knowledge and advanced skills will help you reach your goals
- Rental of Inflatable PFD (Personal Flotation Device – vest type)
- Destination: the scenic Gulf Islands or along the Sunshine Coast
Pre-Requisites & Certifications: No experience necessary to join course for sea-miles. For students seeking certification for Flotilla or Bareboat Skipper Certification, either for monohull or catamaran, a minimum International Crew or equivalent with prior monohull sailing experience is required. Catamaran Endorsements require the student to hold the equivalent monohull certification.
Costs (+tax): $4,995 per student- single occupancy (double occupancy – 50% off for the second student)**
Certifications (per student):
- International Crew (Monohull or Catamaran): $150
- Flotilla Skipper (Monohull or Catamaran): $200
- IYT Bareboat Skipper with ICC (Monohull or Catamaran): $350
- Catamaran Endorsement (for current holders of Monohull certifications): $200
- Coastal Navigation: $200
- IYT VHF: $49.95
Qualifications to Bareboat Skipper one of our Catamarans requires a minimum of 10-days liveaboard catamaran instruction, a minimum of 14 days as crew of a similarly sized boat, in similar conditions, Coastal Navigation, PCOC, VHF radio license, and a 1-day Sea-Trial to demonstrate your competencies at the time of your first charter. Additional sea-time can be arranged after the completion of your course if your instructional skipper determines that more time is required.
*Dates subject to change based on boat availability, sufficient enrollment, and any applicable health and/or travel restrictions.
**Double Occupancy: All group courses provide each student with a cabin. This cabin may be shared, so long as the participant understand that they are joining this course as a fellow-student who appreciates the nature of the course and it’s demands, whether they join the course for certification or to add sea-miles to their resume. All persons joining the course must be willing to submit to a telephone interview, adhere to all health and equipment requirements, and share in all crew duties as assigned by the skipper while aboard. Anyone who wishes to disembark the vessel early is responsible for the costs and logistics of arranging their own transportation home and will not be refunded any fees for time not spent aboard.
For more information, please complete our online registration form.