Earn both the Competent Crew & Day Skipper Certification on a 7 Day Cruise & Learn
Learn to cruise safely in familiar waters as crew of a sail or power boat in moderate wind and sea conditions by day. Our skilled instructors will take you on a cruise through our spectacular waters leaving right from central Vancouver Island.
Topics covered include:
- Basic Rules of the “Road”
- Nautical Terminology
- Vessel equipment and instruments
- Line Handling, Docking & Boat Handling Under Power
- Points of Sail & Sail Handling
- Man Overboard & Safety/Emergency Procedures
- Knots & Seamanship
- Basic Tides, Currents, & Navigation
- Meal prep aboard
Pre-Requisites: None! and if you have some experience and want a refresher – this is a great way to reintroduce yourself to sailing.
Included in your week long cruise and learn:
- Fully appointed cabin with on board bedding and towels
- First night on board at the Yacht Charter’s Marina.
- All meals and provisioning aboard the boat once leaving the Charter base
- Fuel on the cruise
- A mix of nights at anchor and in a Marina
- Fully stocked galley for all meal prep
- An experienced Sailing School instructor eager to impart his/her love of the adventure of learning to safely be on the water
- An opportunity to experience our spectacular cruising ground from the water with like minded crew.
Cost: $3000 (25% reduction for 2nd person in shared cabin)
Certifications that can be obtained:
- Competent Crew: $200
- Day Skipper: $200
- Coastal Navigation: $200 (Optional: home study prior to arriving for the course or after completion of the cruise and learn)
Qualifications to Bareboat Charter: Minimum of 3 weeks sailing experience in similar vessel and tidal waters, and the completion of the Coastal Navigation course.
CUSTOM CRUISE & LEARN COURSES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST – choose a boat from our fleet and we will source a great instructor for your “personalised” cruise and learn
Contact email@example.com for more details