Looking to charter a boat for your next sailing holiday? Nanaimo, BC is uniquely positioned on Vancouver Island on the West Coast of Canada in Beautiful British Columbia. We are situated in the centre of truly amazing cruising destinations!
Set sail from our doorstep and you are immediately into the heart of the Gulf Islands with numerous anchorages and delightful islands to visit. These islands continue South into the United States where you can visit the San Juan Islands.
A mere day-long sail from Stones Marina puts you into the Sunshine Coast where Princess Louisa National Park awaits you. This amazing destination is rated by the National Geographic as one of the top-10 cruising destinations in the world. A day further North and you are in the world-renowned Desolation Sound – where the wildlife and natural beauty will astound you!
Come sail with us – we are already there!
Step 1: Explore our wonderful fleet of sail and power charter boats to find a boat that best fit your needs, contact us for specific availability for your preferred dates
- You can browse our listings on our Fleet page as well as the Rates page
- Click the “Availability” button on any particular boat to let us know you’re interested in setting sail
- If you would like to further discuss specific boat availability and any other specifics, we would be happy to connect at any time via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1-877-754-8601
Step 2: Now that we have narrowed down your preferred charter boat(s) and sailing dates, we’ll be able to better provide you with a comprehensive quote outlining the cost of your trip:
- As well as breaking out the full cost of the charter inclusive of taxes and insurance, we’ll include a list of optional extras which you can add to your trip for an additional cost: kayaks, fishing equipment or an instructional skipper for a customized course or skippered charter.
Step 3: For the qualified Bareboat Charter Skipper, fill out a boating resumé detailing your boating history and certifications
- For insurance purposes, we require a boating resumé to be filled out prior to each bareboat charter, even if you have chartered with us in the past.
- Each skipper’s resumé is evaluated on a case-by-case basis, and upon approval, we’ll be able to draw up the booking paperwork for your charter.
Step 4: With your boat chosen and sailing dates, we’ll finalize the invoice and charter agreement in preparation for your trip
- The invoice will include the amount from the comprehensive quote you received as well as any optional extras you’ve chosen to include
- The Bareboat Charter Agreement will need to be signed and returned to us with your deposit to confirm your charter booking.
Step 5: Pay the deposit to confirm your sail
- A deposit of 35% is required to complete a reservation. The full amount will be due 60 days before you set sail.
- We will provide the exact deposit amount as well as a list of payment options when we send your booking paperwork in Step 4
Step 6: Get excited – your charter is now confirmed!
- Final payment is due 60-days prior to setting sail to finalize your charter booking
- Complete the charter checklist and return to our NYCSS team 30-days prior to boarding, so we can best prepare for your arrival.
** Regrettably, Due to the current COVID-19 Pandemic restrictions, we are unable to offer transfer service or use of a courtesy vehicle, until further notice.
However, our Charter Base is located directly adjacent to the Departure Bay Ferry terminal and the Sea Air Seaplane terminal with service direct from Vancouver, Richmond as well as Kenmore Air Seaplane terminal with direct flights from Seattle.
Just a short 10-minute drive from Downtown, with direct service from Nanaimo via Helijet Helicopters and Harbour Air Seaplane Terminals.