Looking to charter a boat for your next sailing holiday? Nanaimo, BC is uniquely positioned on Vancouver Island in the centre of truly amazing cruising destinations!
A mere day-long sail from Stones Marina puts you into the Sunshine Coast where Princess Louisa National Park awaits you. This amazing destination was rated by the National Geographic as one of the top-10 cruising destinations in the world. A day further north and you are in the world-renowned Desolation Sound – where the wildlife and natural beauty will astound you.
Set sail from our doorstep and you are immediately into the heart of the Gulf Islands with numerous anchorages and delightful islands to visit.
These islands continue south into the United States where you can visit the San Juan Islands.
Come sail with us – we are already there!
Step 1: Explore our wonderful fleet of sail and power charter boats to find a boat that best fit your needs, contact us for specific availability for your preferred dates
- You can browse our listings on our Fleet page as well as the Rates page
- Click the “Availability” button on any boat to fill out a brief contact form letting us know you’re interested in chartering it
- If you’re interested in multiple boats, no need to fill out multiple forms – you can feel free to fill out a single contact form and list the other boats in the “Comments” box, as well as any other questions or information you wish to include.
- In addition to the contact form, you can always reach us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and by phone at 1-877-754-8601
Step 2: Now that we know which boat(s) you’re interested in chartering and when you’re looking to set sail, we’ll provide you with a comprehensive quote outlining the cost of your trip:
- As well as breaking out the full cost of the charter inclusive of taxes and insurance, we’ll include a list of optional extras which you can add to your trip for an additional cost: kayaks, fishing equipment or an instructional skipper for a customized course or skippered charter.
Step 3: For a bareboat charter, fill out a boating resumé detailing your boating history and certifications
- For insurance purposes, we require a boating resumé to be filled out prior to each bareboat charter, even if you have chartered with us in the past.
- Each skipper’s resumé is evaluated on a case-by-case basis, and upon approval, we’ll be able to draw up the booking paperwork for your charter.
Step 4: With your boat chosen and sailing dates set, we’ll draw up an invoice and charter agreement in preparation for your trip
- The invoice will include the amount from the comprehensive quote you received as well as any optional extras you’ve chosen to include
- The Bareboat Charter Agreement will need to be signed and returned to us with your deposit to confirm your charter booking.
Step 5: Pay the deposit to confirm your sail
- A deposit of 35% is required to complete a reservation. The full amount will be due 60 days before you set sail.
- We will provide the exact deposit amount as well as a list of payment options when we send your booking paperwork in Step 4
Step 6: Get excited – your charter is now confirmed!
- Final payment is due 60-days prior to setting sail to finalize your charter booking
- Complete the charter checklist and return to our NYCSS team 30-days prior to boarding, so we can best prepare for your arrival.
** Regrettably, Due to COVID-19 Pandemic restrictions, we are unable to offer transfer service or use of a courtesy vehicle, until further notice.
- Available pre-paid transfer service ($10 – 30.00 CAD/transfer) or on-site parking ($20.00 CAD/week) for the duration of your holiday
- Complimentary use of the courtesy car or van, prior to setting sail